Instrotech is now offering OPTRIS PI 1M IR camera, especially suited to measuring the temperature of metals, as these exhibit a distinctly higher emissivity at the short measurement wavelength of 1μm than at measurements in the previously conventional wavelength range of 8 – 14 μm.
According to the manufacturer, the advantage of temperature measurements with the new infrared camera lies in the large amount of information in an IR picture/IR video and the short reaction time of 1ms for the output of temperature information of freely selectable individual pixels.
In addition, the use of these image sensors allows a large dynamic range for temperature measurement so that the previously necessary use of relatively many and narrowly defined sub-ranges is no longer required. Intelligent measuring with a pyrometer is now possible thanks to the two-dimensional temperature recording of the Optris PI 1M.
With the large measurement temperature range of 450 – 1800 °C, that Optris PI 1M IR camera offers, it satisfies practically all demands in the fields of metal production and processing.
Pertinent features of the Optris PI 1M IR camera are:
- Highly flexible CMOS detector with an optical resolution of up to 764 x 480 pixels
- Very large temperature measurement range (without sub-ranges) of 450 °C to 1800 °C
- Frame rates of up to 1 kHz for fast processes
- Real-time output of middle pixel at a set-up time of 1 ms
- Includes license-free analysis software and full SDK